Laurel-Jones County Public Library System, Inc.
The Laurel-Jones County Public Library System, Inc. (LJCL) got its start in 1919 as the Laurel Library Association. The library relocated to the Lauren Rogers Museum in 1923. In 1966, the library became a free library and no longer required its members to purchase subscriptions. The library moved to its current facility in 1979. The current facility is 24,000 square feet. It serves as the headquarters for the Laurel-Jones County Library System, Inc.
Some of the materials available in the LJCL Genealogy Department are:
- approximately 4,895 family files and genealogy research books;
- census information for the state of Mississippi for the years 1820-1880 and 1900-1940;
- microfilm copies of the Laure Leader Call from 1902 to 2012;
- various histories of military units, biographies and memoirs;
These materials are presented online for educational purposes only. Images may contain copyrighted material. Use of these materials on websites, in exhibits, or in publications requires the permission of Laurel-Jones County Public Library System, Inc. and/or the legal copyright holder. The user bears full responsibility for securing any and all appropriate permissions. Please contact the Laurel-Jones County Public Library System, Inc. for further information.